The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 6:13am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Viewing device currents of transistor nodes (Read 447 times)
ksnf3000

Viewing device currents of transistor nodes
Jan 04th, 2016, 8:45am

Hi All,

I have an eldo simulation going on. However I am unable to view the current flowing through the drain of one of my PMOS transistors.

The hierarchy is as follows:

.plot tran I(xX14.xX14.xMP2.d) is what I am looking for where MP2 is my PMOS transistor and I am looking at the drain current.

For this I added a 0V source

vddMP2 net6 vddMP2 dc 0 and then did the plot command but it still does not show me anything. Do I need to add this voltage source somewhere? Or please let me know an easy way to view device currents of individual transistors.

Thanks,
\ksnf3000

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Viewing device currents of transistor nodes
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2016, 11:39am

Was "net6" the original connection for MP2's drain, and "vddMP2" is the a new node you created between MP2 and the voltage source?

Is the voltage source inside the subcircuit?  I assume you have changed the plot command to ask for the source's current, something like

.plot tran I(xX14.xX14.vddMP2)

But I'm not well-versed in Eldo.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.