The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 7:05am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Very slow transient simulation in Spectre with VerilogA model. (Read 569 times)
Jacki

Very slow transient simulation in Spectre with VerilogA model.
Jan 18th, 2016, 6:19am

Hi,

I am doing the transient simulation with a VerilogA model. The VerilogA model is simple, just read in a data file, and do a transition filter when the clock rising edge is coming. The clock is around 10 MHz, not fast, but the data file is a vector includes hundreds of thousands "0" or "1". When I run this VerilogA model in Spectre, it is very slow, I couldn't find the reason. I try to set up cmin, but it doesn't help. About gmin, I want to keep the default value. It is a very simple circuit. Can anybody advise the potential reason causing such slow simulation (around 1 hour run for only 2 ms transient simulation). Even I loose the accuracy from convergence to liberal, it doesn't speed up too much.
   Jacki

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Very slow transient simulation in Spectre with VerilogA model.
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2016, 8:10am

If you're using the module you were having trouble with in your previous thread, you might be having a problem when trying to read from a file ($fscanf) on every timepoint.  

You may also be misusing the transition filter.

It would probably be best if you could post the module, as you have it now, so we won't be guessing blindly.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.