The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 6th, 2024, 8:52am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Strange Issue while simulating an Oscillator - Important (Read 2168 times)
gajular

Strange Issue while simulating an Oscillator - Important
May 25th, 2016, 10:27pm

I am working on the design of an oscillator. I have attached a snapshot of the schematic to this message. In the schematic I have used an isource instance I40 which remains open. The oscillator build up is varying depending on  the frequency that I give in I40 instance. In this case the oscillator is building up faster with increase in frequency in I40 instance. I am not able to contemplate why the oscillation build up is dependent on the frequency in I40 which is no where connected to the circuit.

I am running transient analysis. Please find the schematic and netlist attached to this message.
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2016, 10:51am by gajular »  

Screenshot_from_2016-05-25_22-00-18.png
View Profile   IP Logged
gajular

Re: Strange Issue while simulating an Oscillator
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2016, 10:29pm

Please find the netlist attached to this message

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Strange Issue while simulating an Oscillator - Important
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2016, 10:58am

By having an active current source driving an open circuit you are causing those nodes to shoot up to extremely high voltages. This will destroy the error control of the simulator unless you take certain steps to counter it.

Don't do that.

Also, don't ask simulation questions in the design boards.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.