The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
saturated operation of LNA (Read 972 times)
ezekiel1983

saturated operation of LNA
Mar 26th, 2017, 11:28pm

Part in discussion :TQP3M9007
Area of doubt :saturated operation of LNA

If a combined signal of 1616 Mhz  18 dbm CW along with -130dbm 1575  Mhz CW is being given at the input of the part in discussion fed with a 5 volt  supply
1.      What gain could I get for the 1575 component?
2.      Is the compression after p1db based on attack release method ,in which case please provide attack and release time .
3.      If not and it is based on instantaneous power (soft clipping) then is the understanding correct that the o/p slowly  starts clipping towards a square wave  waveform with rounded edges and as power level goes high from about 12.5dbm input  it goes more squarer .in which case I may not reproduce (the phase ,frequency info )the 1575 correctly as during the squarer part of the o/p waveform there isn’t any 1575 information making through .The 1616 component will still pass through the frequency and phase information with some degradation on the amplitude information.
4.      Will the LNA take time to regain its active operation from a saturated state ?if yes how much in my case ?
5.      Can you please explain the saturation mode operation little detailed for the above part ?

Regards
Eze

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.