The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 11:01am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transimpedance Ampifier - Input Referred Noise Current Density (Read 734 times)
repah
Community Member

Transimpedance Ampifier - Input Referred Noise Current Density
Jan 30th, 2018, 4:02pm

Hello,

I am designing a TIA in Cadence, input is current (an idc component), output is voltage (a capacitive load)

I want the input referred noise current density in RMS.  

I do a noise analysis.  In the noise analysis, I select the input as my input current, and the output as my output voltage node, referenced to ground.

I run the noise analysis.  When I go to Print->Noise Summary, I select the bandwidth to be 1Hz to my 3dB Frequency of my TIA.  Then, I get the total input referred noise as a number.  I select "V" as my unit.

Is this the Input Referred Noise Current Density in RMS ?

I want to eventually get the average input referred noise current density when I divide this RMS value generated by Cadence by the square root of the 3db frequency of my TIA.

Is this correct, or should I do this in S Parameter analysis ?

Also, not sure if I should run my noise simulation up to the 3dB bandwidth of the TIA or 2X the 3dB Bandwidth as some have suggested.  I ran it to my 3dB Bandwidth.

Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Transimpedance Ampifier - Input Referred Noise Current Density
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2018, 9:15am

The same question was asked and answered on the Cadence Community Forums

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.