The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fast transient for analog mixed signal verification (Read 1980 times)
deba
Community Member

Fast transient for analog mixed signal verification
Jul 23rd, 2018, 6:33am

Hi All,

I am using IRUN ans SPECTRE engines for verifying a mixed signal design. I am curious to know what are the methods which people use to achieve faster transient simulation. For eg: I use dynamic parameter option for lteratio. Till some time where accuracy is not important and I need large time steps, I set lteratio to 1e3 and then take it down to <10. I would appreciate if someone can point to a methodology covering aspects on faster AMS verification as accuracy is not so important in most of the AMS simulations.

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Fast transient for analog mixed signal verification
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2018, 2:19am

I have used the ++aps command-line option for Spectre with pretty good success. You could also try using XPS (I don't have any experience with this). And of course, you could also write SystemVerilog (or Verilog-AMS wreal) models for your circuits, so that you don't need the analog solver at all.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
deba
Community Member

Re: Fast transient for analog mixed signal verification
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2018, 2:18am

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am looking more for analog solver related options. Basically how to ensure larger time steps. The accuracy of results is not so important. I usually set lteratio to a large value like 1e3 and change method to euler. But I was wondering if there are other options to play around. I tried using minstep but that doesn't ensure larger time steps.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.