The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:33pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADEXL Monte Carlo simulation and dumping sim data to a txt file (Read 832 times)
sutapanaki
Community Member

ADEXL Monte Carlo simulation and dumping sim data to a txt file
Mar 07th, 2019, 6:56pm

Hi,

I need to run MC simulation, say 100 runs, and for every single run of these 100 I want to keep saving a voltage to a text file, for ex. at the system clock and I want to do this as the simulation is running. It would be convenient to keep all files in the same directory of my choice, and not in the respective MC run directories.  I know how to do the file saving part. What I can't figure out is how to name the files such that they don't over-write each other. Is there anything specific to the individual MC runs that I can include in the file name and how can I access that specific information from the simulation? For example, if I can include the MC run number it would solve the problem. Or maybe something else that distinguishes one MC run from another.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: ADEXL Monte Carlo simulation and dumping sim data to a txt file
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2019, 2:54am

The same question has been asked on the Cadence Community Forums and I've started answering it there (rather than trying to answer it in two places).

Andrew

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.