The Designer's Guide Community
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Oct 25th, 2020, 12:08pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Naming - input related self oscillation frequency in a divider (Read 199 times)
Horror Vacui
Senior Member

Posts: 108
Dresden, Germany
Naming - input related self oscillation frequency in a divider
Sep 17th, 2019, 10:03am
Hi Designers,

How would you call the frequency point where the sensitivity curve of a frequency divider/prescaler reaches its minimum required input power level?
A sensitivity curve example:

My ideas so far and why I do not like them:
- self-resonance frequency (SRF): 1) the SRF is measured at the output, since we have no input in this case. I am looking for a term for the input frequency.
- center frequency: it could be meant as the middle frequency between minimum and maximum operating frequency, and does not highlight the very low input power point. So far this seems the best.
- natural frequency: just doesn't feel good
Back to top
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2020 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to Consider submitting a paper or model.