The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:45pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pac/pnosie simulation (Read 868 times)
NvR

pac/pnosie simulation
Oct 21st, 2019, 4:04am

I have a question regarding the pnoise and pac simulations in sc-filters.pdf. The first null in the pnoise simulation is at 666.7kHz (figure 4) but where is the first null in the pac simulation (figure 6, continuous output)?

Thanks,
Nico

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: pac/pnosie simulation
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2020, 11:37am

SpectreRF is often creating little puzzles like this. It always takes some deep thought to come up with possible explanations and then some experimentation to verify them.

My theory is that width of the sin(x)/x curve in the noise results is set by the pulse width (1.5μs -> 666kHz), whereas the in the PAC results of figure 6 the output is resampled with a 2.5μs period and so has width of the  sin(x)/x is 400kHz.  I am not sure why the unsampled PAC output also seems to have a 400kHz width.

Unfortunately, I do not have the time to explore this question to the depth it would require to completely explain the results.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.