The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The time in log file doesn't change while simulation is still running. (Read 570 times)
Leila Sharifi

The time in log file doesn't change while simulation is still running.
Nov 09th, 2019, 1:22am

Hi,

I am simulating a second-order delta-sigma modulator.
my problem is that the simulation suddenly stops without reporting an error. in fact, simulation is still running but the time in log file doesn't change (even after several days!).

The sampling frequency is 2 MHz. I am going to simulate a 4096-point FFT. So I applied an input at the frequency of ((11*2 MHz)/4096).
the maxstep and minstep are set to 10n and 0.1p respectively.

when I reduce the number of FFT points, I don't face this problem. but to have an accurate FFT, I need to simulate it with more points.
for more information, I am using ideal switches in the circuit with Ron=1.5k and Roff=1G.

Could someone guide me for the same, please?

Thank you.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: The time in log file doesn't change while simulation is still running.
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2019, 8:56pm

How ideal are the switches?  My experience is that you are usually better off using mos0 transistors to model switches than trying to use idealized switches with switched-capacitor circuits.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.