The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:48pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to probe a net within a hierarchy (Read 783 times)
matisse

how to probe a net within a hierarchy
Jul 28th, 2020, 7:10pm

Hello,
I am trying to implement something like the deepprobe function that is provided by Cadnece, but with veriloga only, as I use HSPICE. The idea is to be able to probe a net in a sub-block without having to pin that net out to the top level.  Right now I have some code like this, but the output just reads some mV and does not track the internal net.

Code:
`include "constants.vams"
`include "disciplines.vams"

module deepprobe_ams (out);

output out;
voltage out;
//parameter string hiername = "tbname.I1.I0.c";
analog begin
	V(out) <+ V(xtb.clk10x_h);
end

endmodule 

a few questions:
  • Can I make a string parameter that can be filled in for the probe path like in deepprobe?
  • should the hierarchical naming be in relation to where the veriloga block is instantiated in the hierarchy or relative to the SPICE deck?

I have consulted the Accellera language reference manual, and have not had any luck.

BTW, I have The Designer's Guide to Verilog AMS book, and I find it is very well written.  Thanks for that.

View Profile   IP Logged
davidshw

China
Re: how to probe a net within a hierarchy
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2020, 5:46pm

as I know Hspice directly support hierarchy node, you can add this statement in the hspice netlist

vprobe1 xtb.clk10x_h  out  0

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.