The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to get SNR for delta-sigma DAC (Read 61 times)
sycamore

how to get SNR for delta-sigma DAC
Sep 12th, 2020, 9:47pm

Hello everyone! Lately I have simulated fully differential OTA with chopper stablization circuits. I need to get SNR of output waveforms. The first methd of getting SNR is that I simulate it by tran noise simulation and I can get the output waveforms, after FFT transforming, I can read the result of SNR. The second way is PSS simulation. And I can get the spectrum of noise then by some mathematical calculation I can get the SNR. But these two ways attain two different results. I don't know which way of simulation is accurate. I hope that I can get yours answers. Thank you!

View Profile   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Re: how to get SNR for delta-sigma DAC
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2020, 9:38pm

Sycamore,

In general, Delta-Sigma DACs do not have periodic steady-states. How
do you force a steady-state?

Sheldon

View Profile   IP Logged
sycamore

Re: how to get SNR for delta-sigma DAC
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2020, 1:34am

Hi, Sheldon!
       Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your time. At present, I just consider the performance of reconstruction filter. I think that the fully differential OTA with chopper stablization can be stable after several microseconds when the beating frequency of PSS and PNOISE simulation interface is chopper frequency.
       Do you mean that the second way to get SNR is not accurate? If so, how can I simulate noise performance of reconstruction filter and get the SNR?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.