The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 2:05am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Concerning the Noise Figure as measured in a HB analysis in SpectreRF. (Read 577 times)
StevenH

Concerning the Noise Figure as measured in a HB analysis in SpectreRF.
Apr 21st, 2021, 9:09am

Greetings members,

I have a question concerning the Noise Figure computed by SpectreRF in a HBnoise analysis.

For the Noise Figure (NF), there is an option called "Integrated Over Bandwidth" in the form bellow (After I ran an HBnoise analysis on an LNA).

We know that

NF = 10log( Noise Factor )  ......(1)

And, per my understanding, SpectreRF computes the Noise Factor as

Noise Factor = (Noise Power Spectrum at output port - Noise Power Spectrum generated by resistance of output port) / (Noise Power Spectrum at output port due to input port resistance specified over an input frequency range) ......(2)

So my question is, does the "Integrated Over Bandwidth" option integrate the numerator and denominator of (2) over the output frequency range and then apply (1)? Or is it the average value of (1) over the output frequency range?

The documentation wasn't much of a help, it says,

"If the noise figure over a bandwidth is desired, select Integrated Over Bandwidth, and specify the frequency range you desire for the measurement."  

Any input would be more than welcome!

Capture_024.PNG
View Profile   IP Logged
StevenH

Re: Concerning the Noise Figure as measured in a HB analysis in SpectreRF.
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2021, 12:14pm

Anyone please? I could really use some guidance. (This is for a project in my college).

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.