The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:43pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why the non-linearity (Read 89 times)
Fausto

Mexico
Why the non-linearity
Jul 26th, 2022, 10:04pm

Hi everyone, I'm designing a Fully Differential Folded Cascode OPAMP; to verify the input linearity range and the circuit well behavior, I plot the Vo+ Vo- and Vo-differential vs. the differential input voltage.

In the graph, I can appreciate a linear response in the range of +-80uV; I thought that the non-linearity was due to a transistor not working in saturation, so I also graphed the region of operation of each transistor and saw that all were in saturation in the range of +-80mV. So I don't understand the non-linearity from 80uV to 80mV.

Some can help me, please. Thank You.
" alt="" title="" border="0" />

View Profile   IP Logged
Horror Vacui

Dresden, Germany
Re: Why the non-linearity
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2022, 2:18pm

I personally wouldn't rely on the region parameter. It's there for the model, but there is no abrupt behaviour around the transition point. Rather check currents and voltages. Break down the problem by inspecting functional blocks. Annotate the DC node voltages and OP parameters at different input voltages where the non-linearity starts.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.