The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 15th, 2024, 12:55am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nonlinearity contribution analysis of large signal analysis (Read 128 times)
bellona

Nonlinearity contribution analysis of large signal analysis
Apr 29th, 2024, 2:50am

I have been doing linear power amplifier design for sometime, and I am always wondering why there is no main-stream tool for nonlinearity contribution analysis (A vector plot of various distortion components stemming from different devices for a given IM product).
For LNA or mixer design, Noise contribution analysis is quite common since noise are uncorrelated and there is generally no noise cancelling occurring. For distortion analysis in HB, I understand that it is more straightforward to keep track of the total distortion for a given node than to separate them according to their origins.
I have seen some papers on Volterra-on-top-HB analysis, and I think it is possible to integrate this kind of analysis into main stream tools. Is the absence due to lack of perceived market demand? I think it would be well received for linear (power) amplifier designers.

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Nonlinearity contribution analysis of large signal analysis
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2024, 4:56am

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.