The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 26th, 2024, 12:29am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help in designing an opamp circuit (Read 4387 times)
pt3rg

Need help in designing an opamp circuit
Oct 29th, 2003, 5:54am

I need help in designing an opamp circuit with the following features:
A difference of 45.9mV for the Vin will result in a 0.1V difference for the Vout.

For example, if Vin=4.1V and Vout =5V
a change in Vin = 4.05V will make Vout = 4.9V

It doesn't matter what are the values of Vin and Vout, it's the difference that's important.

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: Need help in designing an opamp circuit
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2003, 1:06am

If I understand correctly, you want to track changes of Vin over time. You could do this using a switched-capacitor structure calculating Vin(k)-Vin(k-1) and amplifying this difference. Is discrete-time operation acceptable for your application?

Generally speaking, a high-pass topology would reject the DC component of your input and amplify the high-frequency components.

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Need help in designing an opamp circuit
Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2003, 9:51am

The way I understand his post is that he wants a unity gain amplifier with a built-in 100mV offset. To do so, you could configure a unity gain amplifier that has a resistor in the feedback, then build a current source that pulls a fixed current through that resistor. In that way, the feedback voltage will always be offset from the output voltage by a fixed amount, and so the output would have a fixed offset from the input.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.