The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 7:46pm
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Help with spectreRS for SC-CMFB (Read 283 times)
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Help with spectreRS for SC-CMFB
Reply #15 - Sep 27th, 2004, 4:43am

There should be a library named analogLib where you will find the vsource component that Andrew mentioned. If you do not have access to this library, you should ask the people responsible for your Cadence installation to make it available.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #16 - Sep 29th, 2004, 7:57am

Or you may be using a version prior to IC445 which is when vsource
was introduced in analogLib. You could use psin, but that has a port impedance.

There may be other sources that have pac magnitude prior to IC445, but I can't check quickly at the moment.

You may just be pointing at an old copy of analogLib, as Frank mentioned?

Andrew.

Rav

Reply #17 - Sep 29th, 2004, 4:38pm

@ Frank
In my previous post thats what I specified that there exists an analog lib and i specified the components too, but the problem is there doesnt exist any component like vsource. As far as I know we are using NCSU CDK 1.3 kit.

Very likely I am using the old library, but its not easy for me to get it changed, is there any way to get around this problem, i mean can i create a netlist without vsource and then add a vsource in the netlist manually and simulate netlist????

Also i checked that their does exist psin but it does not have pac too, it has : resistance, port number, DC voltage, sine DC level, amplitude, phase, frequency, FM index, AM index, AC magnitude and AC phase.

There is similarly a pdc component too, and that has resistance, port number, DC voltage, AC magnitue and AC phase but here i think p refers to port not to periodic.

Thanks

IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Reply #18 - Sep 30th, 2004, 12:17am

In current versions of the library analogLib, you will find the parameters PAC magnitude and PAC phase in all independent sources. If you have absolutely no possibility to get access to this library, you might be able to work around this problem by using include files. However, as I do not know the details of your Cadence installation, you should discuss this issue with your local experts in order to find the best solution.

jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Reply #19 - Nov 1st, 2004, 5:51pm

One of the problems with the NCSU kit is that they used an old version of analogLib from the cadence install, so that they could give instructions on using it with out it changing in the next version of the tools..

What you need to do is look in the cadence documentation for the location of analogLib, and add that to your library instead of the NSCU one.. rename the NSCU one if needed. the NCSU folks probably didn't consider the use of SpectreRF in analog design.

A better tutorial design kit, one that is close in architecture to those provided by real foundries is the cadence generic Process Design Kit (PDK). I believe the website for the university programs that are using this as the core of a tutorial program is http://crete.cadence.com
you should be able to register there, and download that kit once your registration is approved.

Hope this helps,
JBD

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.