The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 2nd, 2024, 4:38am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pll ckt simulation hellp! (Read 2090 times)
jeffyan
Community Member

pll ckt simulation hellp!
Mar 11th, 2004, 7:05am

i am woking on pll ckt design,and i do the .tran simulation by hspice,however the display of awaves is very strange: there is no delay between signals,(every positive and negtive edge is very  steep),  and the  pulse (up)&(down) which are swith control both become  a  steep thread! however the phase between the refrence clock and  output of VCO is locked!
i don't know whether it is the problem of hspice.
i'd like to know where's problem?
how can i get the right result?
hoe to set .option card?

thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
skt

Re: pll ckt simulation hellp!
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2004, 4:35pm

>>there is no delay between signals,(every positive and negtive edge is very  steep),

i assume you are talking about the output of the VCO. yes, if your VCO operates at very high output frequencies, you have outputs with steep positive and negative edges... this is due to the time delay around the loop being very small  

>>and the  pulse (up)&(down) which are swith control both become  a  steep thread! however the phase between the refrence clock and  output of VCO is locked!

i think this is because you are feeding the output of the VCO (which had steep edges) to the PFD and comparing it with an ideal input clock. Put a buffer after the VCO so that you get a pulse waveform and then compare it with the input clock

Surya

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.