The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 1st, 2024, 1:47pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simulating SC filters with SpectreRF example (Read 5279 times)
delta sigma tim

Simulating SC filters with SpectreRF example
Mar 28th, 2004, 2:22pm

Hi,

I wonder if anyone who run the “Simulating SC filters with SpectreRF” example successfully can help me.

First I’m running spectre ver. 4.4.5.100.9 -- 20 Apr 2000. And I used the following command that is recommended by Cadence “Using AWD with standalone Spectre”: spectre +log spectre.out -f psfbin -r ./psf -E tah.ckt

I get the following warning:
“Warning from spectre during circuit read-in.
smpldNoise: `numberofpoints' is not a valid parameter for an instance of `pnoise'.  Ignored.”

I also couldn’t figure out how to get `numberofpoints' option using the GUI either. Actually that is why I tried the standalone option.

Another problem I encountered with the example is with sh.va, I got the following error message:

“Error found by spectre during AHDL read-in.
   "sh.va", line 29: "n = ($abstime <<--? - tdelay + aperture) / period + 0.5;"
   "sh.va", line 29: Error: syntax error
   "sh.va", line 34: "n = ($abstime <<--? - tdelay) / period + 0.0;"
   "sh.va", line 34: Error: syntax error
   "sh.va", line 39: "if (($abstime <<--? > tstop - aperture) && ($abstime <= tstop)) "
   "sh.va", line 39: Error: syntax error
   "sh.va", line 51: "if (($abstime <<--? >= tstop - aperture) && ($abstime < tstop))
       begin"
   "sh.va", line 51: Error: syntax error
   file: sh.va. Non-recoverable error: parser error:  confused context stack.
   Exiting SpectreHDL compilation.”

thanks
Hi,

I

IP Logged
August West
Community Member

I'll get up and fly
away

Re: Simulating SC filters with SpectreRF example
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2004, 8:49pm

Tim,
   Your version is too old. Time to upgrade. You can avoid the $abstime problem by using $realtime, but the other problem suggests that the version you are using does not support the strobed noise.

-August

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2004, 5:55am

Actually it would support strobed noise, but you'd have to use noiseskipcount instead of numberofpoints - numberofpoints allows you to spread the strobe points over the PSS points by saying this is the total number of strobes you want; noiseskipcount says to do a strobe every nth timepoint.

tdnoise has been there (released) since IC445 - it was there in engineering mode before that. However, I'd recommend using a later version anyway... - you'll need that to get the newer verilog-a syntax, as August said.

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
delta sigma tim

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2004, 3:20pm

Thank you both very much. You are right, I had to update my source path to the newer version and everything works fine.

Thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.