The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 8:49am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Basic but confusing question regarding mosis (Read 4404 times)
Mohit

USA
Basic but confusing question regarding mosis
Jul 18th, 2004, 1:00am

Please help me with the following questions, they have confused me a lot

1) In the spice parameters file provided by mosis (for example http://www.mosis.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/umosis/swp/params/tsmc-035/n88y-params.txt), What does K' refers to, it says here that K' is (uo*Cox/2) but when i use this value for my simulations I dont get a correct result, rather this K' value is closer to uo*cox.

2) If I have to find Ro for a MOS transistor, i use formula 1/(lambda*Id), where lambda is channel length modulation factor, how can I find lambda using this spice file.
I dont want to find exact Ro for each transistor, but would like to know the approximate value which I should use for hand calculations and basic analysis.

Thankyou

View Profile jn_mohit   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Basic but confusing question regarding mosis
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2004, 11:45pm

Quote:
1) In the spice parameters file provided by mosis (for example http://www.mosis.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/umosis/swp/params/tsmc-035/n88y-par ams.txt), What does K' refers to, it says here that K' is (uo*Cox/2) but when i use this value for my simulations I dont get a correct result, rather this K' value is closer to uo*cox.

Why don't you just ask them directly (or try the MOSIS User Group)? See http://www.mosis.org/support/customer.html.

Quote:
2) If I have to find Ro for a MOS transistor, i use formula 1/(lambda*Id), where lambda is channel length modulation factor, how can I find lambda using this spice file.  
I dont want to find exact Ro for each transistor, but would like to know the approximate value which I should use for hand calculations and basic analysis.

The most simple and most accurate way to find Ro is probably to perform a dc sweep simulation and to look at the slope of the curve in the saturation region.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
forestmay

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2004, 3:39am

after .dc sweep , u can use the following fomula in spice  
.probe ro = par('1/gdso(m)')
to caculate the output resistance of the transistor m.

WHO can help me to caculate the Rout of a circuit, for instance  a casocde current source?

View Profile   IP Logged
kokabanga

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2004, 11:31pm

same thing do a DC sweep of a dc output voltage source connected externally from o/p pin to gnd.....and then plot slope of iout wrt vout....this is possible in ide based simulators like ewb, cadence, mg..dunno in spice if u can plot slope
Undecided

naren
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.