The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:57am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Large signal model for a GaAsFET (Read 1977 times)
etakacs

Norwalk,CT
Large signal model for a GaAsFET
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:43am

My background is that I am a novice Verilog-A programmer.  I have quite a bit of experience in RF design and simulation-primarily with Eagleware and ADS.

I am interested in modeling the non linear characteristics of a GaAs FET (or other microwave power transistor), and it seems that Verilog A is the way to accomplish this.  The data typically provided in the data sheets is small signal Sparameters at 1 bias point, some Pout and efficiency vs Pin curves, sometimes an IP3 vs level plot and perhaps some IV curves as well.  The absolute device maxima are also provided.

Is it possible to model the effects to the output power (compression effects), and the waveform distortion (voltage and current) as a function of input drive of a microwave transistor using Verilog-A when the typical data provided in data sheets is provided?  

Is there any literature on the subject?  I would like to use this non linear device model in Eagleware Genesys, which has a Verilog A compiler built in.

I would appreciate any help in fleshing this problem out.

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.