The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 3:02pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Noise components Contibution? (Read 120 times)
fchirouf

Noise components Contibution?
Mar 03rd, 2005, 10:09am

Just a few Min!!
I don't know how to plot the noise contributions of any components in circuit when I used (.noise) analysis in SpectreRF.
However, in traditional SPICE it is possible to do this with line command:
plot db(Noise.onoise_r2).
So, like as well know, using this commande in SPICE provide i.e, the contribution of r2 at the linear noise out put spectrum.
Can some one tel me how to do this using Spectre?
Advance thinks
Chirouf-

OX Designer
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Noise components Contibution?
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2005, 5:50am

You may need to use the psf-binary output file format and have the appropriate Save command in your netlist.  Further details depend on how you are running spectre (through artist, command line, etc.).

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
fchirouf

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2005, 11:33pm

Think's for your response.
But I would to give you some presicions of my problem. When I runing (.noise) analysis via ADE env-, it possibale to visualise both, the in/out put  noise and transfert function using plot form in ADE. But I know how to visualise the noise contributions of the others components to the out put noise.
Advance thinks
Chirouf-

OX Designer
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2005, 1:32am

Unfortunately your last post doesn't make much sense, but I suspect you need to just know that you can either do:

Results->Print->Noise Contributions

or use Tools->Results Browser and navigate to the noise results. You can then go to a particular device, and look at the noise contribution of one of the noise sources in that device at the output. Note that this tells you the amount of noise contributed by that noise source at the _output_ of the circuit - so it will be affected by whatever gain there is to the output from the device.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
fchirouf

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2005, 5:35am

Think you for the help Andrew;
Now, I can ploting all noise components contibutions to the out/in  put noise spectrum...
Best Regards
Chirouf-

OX Designer
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.