The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 6:46am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Automating the Simulation Process. (Read 1493 times)
kamesh419

Automating the Simulation Process.
May 4th, 2005, 8:54am

Dear all,

I have a model. The Model is shown in the following link below.

http://www.aisl.cyd.liu.se/temp/image.jpg

It has an
1) 8-bit Adder
2) a Verilog-A Module
3) Some VPWLF Sources which take "files" as inputs.

Some Facts:
1) I have to simulate it for 8, 12 and 16 bit adders. Not only that I need to Simulate the whole Model with an Adder (8,12 and 16 bits) but also I have to simulate it for Multiplier and Divider (both 8, 12 and 16 bits) as well. So now the number of cases for me would be like 9 or probably more if I intend to do the combinations of Adders, Multipliers and Dividers.
2) The number of VPWLF sources also change accordingly and so does the Verilog-A modules.

What I want to Do:
1) Simulate my Model shown in the picture (using spectre) and as explained above (The number of such models that I need to simulate will be 9 or more). So the Number of VPWLF sources changes with every simulation so does the Verilog-A module. So I strongly believe that I need to automate this process of Simulation. Since doing this manually would be a tedious task. I am looking for suggestions from you in what way I can go about doing this automation.

I have some Idea that the Automation has to be done using Ocean Scripting language and SKILL. But not sure exactly how I can go about doing this. Can any one suggest me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Kamesh.

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2005, 1:37pm by kamesh419 »  

Truth lies everywhere and partially even with the error.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.