The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 10:46am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Measuring Image Rejection of Mixer (Read 4123 times)
nano_RF
Community Member

madison
Measuring Image Rejection of Mixer
May 10th, 2005, 11:21am

Can Anybody tell me how to simulate a dual balanced mixer's image rejection? I mean is there a particular analysis in spectre that calculates it automatically. By the way mixer uses a Poly phase filter architecture to suppress image frequency.

Right now i am just taking a Fourier transform of IF output and seeing its magnitude at Image frquency. Somewhere I have read that spectre's FFT function doesn't give you a very accurate results. So let me know if i am doing something wrong or there is a better way to calculate it.

Thanks,
--Vikas

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Measuring Image Rejection of Mixer
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2005, 8:16pm

The best way to measure image rejection is with a PXF analysis.

FFT routines are generic, they all provide the same level of accuracy. If someone is having trouble with the accuracy of the FFT results, the problem is not with the FFT, but rather the underlying transient analysis. One needs to follow the guidelines given in my book, www.designers-guide.org/Books/dg-spice/.

Using PXF avoids the FFT altogether.

-Ken

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2005, 11:47pm by Ken Kundert »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
nano_RF
Community Member

madison
Re: Measuring Image Rejection of Mixer
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2005, 11:42pm

Thanks Ken

--Vikas

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.