The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 5:05pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Correlation coefficient in Montecarlo simulation (Read 2607 times)
fran2k5

Correlation coefficient in Montecarlo simulation
Jun 09th, 2005, 2:27am

Hello everybody,

I am performing some Montecarlo simulations in Cadence and I would like to know how can I estimate correlation coefficient between matched devices.

Some devices are going to be laid out very close trying to match them as much as possible. As a consequence, I think that considering them completely uncorrelated in the Montecarlo sims is going to give too pessimistic result. It is clear that the correlation coefficient depends on the layout but it would be nice to have educated guesses of the correlation coefficient vs distance. Do manifacturers have this kind of infos?

I would appreciate any comment on this.

Thank you very much,

frank

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Correlation coefficient in Montecarlo simulati
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2005, 8:07am

The foundries may have this information, but whether they will let you have it may be another question.  Also, the correlation may depend very strongly on the layout -- how closely did you match the poly environment (with dummy fingers, etc.)?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
fran2k5

Re: Correlation coefficient in Montecarlo simulati
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:36am

Thank you very much for your answer.

It would be nice to know at least the most common values of correlation coefficient for typical conditions.
I would like to have an educated guess for the correlation coefficient. As I said there a lot of situations in which devices can not be considered completely uncorrelated (differential pairs, etc) just because they are laid out really close.

We can assume that special layout techniques (common centroid, ect) are going to improve the matching between devices.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.