The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 27th, 2024, 3:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ken Kundert come in, pls (Read 71 times)
dodody

Ken Kundert come in, pls
Jun 26th, 2005, 2:39am

Hi Ken Kunder,

I am refering your interesting paper "Device Noise Simulation of Sigma-Delta Modulator". It's really invaluable for me, a designer struggling in SC SDM simulation.

It seems that the whole SDM is simulated by the behavior model (Verilog-A) and the time domain simulation (tran simulation, spectre).
You mentioned that in "3. methodolgy" (p. 4) of this paper and the attached scripts.

Also, you said "the second order converter of Figure 5 was implemented in difference equation form in
Verilog-A and simulated with SpectreRF." (p. 18 ) in your paper.

I just wander that how the whole SDM is simulated with SpecteRF.  Could SpecteRF do the tran simulation and simulate SDM (chaotic steady-state)?

Thanks for your kindly help!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Ken Kundert come in, pls
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2005, 2:54pm

You cannot simulate the whole SDM in SpectreRF because, as you point out, it is chaotic in steady-state, and SpectreRF requires that the behavior be periodic or quasiperiodic. So instead you break it into pieces and characterize each piece with SpectreRF, and then use the result to predict the noise of the whole SDM.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
dodody

Re: Ken Kundert come in, pls
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2005, 9:35pm

thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.