The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:36am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
about TIA simulation (Read 2830 times)
beabroad1

about TIA simulation
Jul 10th, 2005, 4:02pm

i am now designing a TIA in Cadence IC environment.

i know for LNA, i can use ports of 50ohm inner resistance for input and output ports, and use sp to simulate it.

however, for TIA, the input is current, and the port component output voltage only. so i want to know whether it is possible to simulate TIA using sp. thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
nano_RF
Community Member

madison
Re: about TIA simulation
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2005, 11:40pm

I believe that u r talking about transimpedance amplifier. In any case if u go by the s-parameter definition, which is related to power waves or to say travelling current and voltage waves. then this analysis should also be valid.

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: about TIA simulation
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2005, 12:21am

You can write the I-V transfer function as a function of S parameters. So you should be able to simulate it using SP. As your input/output ports are probably not 50 Ohm matched, you must consider this in your calculation.

What is the idea to use SP for simulation instead of "classical" AC simulation? I must admit I never tried SP on my amplifier designs.

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.