The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 11:31pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem in RCx assura extraction (Read 3003 times)
turturri

Problem in RCx assura extraction
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:35am

i am using a 0.18 um IBMprocess for a multiGHz circuit. I have a clean DRC and LVS. But when i perform extarction using assura, and simulat I have absurd results. Also the sum of R is shown as NA while the individual resistances are being tabulated. I am using multi finger transistors and each finger seems to be providing 2-3 ohms and these r supposedly adding up which is weird.

ne suggestions would be very helpful. am i missing ne switch or option that i should chose. coz only C extraction seems to be working fine.

thanx

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Problem in RCx assura extraction
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2005, 9:54pm

If you're using recent versions (I don't remember whether it was IC5033 or IC5141 when this came in; IC5141 I think), then the parasitic backannotation and reporting in the "MSPS" tool has changed so that you need to do a DC simulation in order to see the resistor values. Previously it used to just add up all the resistors and display that, which was quite frankly wrong.

You say your simulation results are absurd - unfortunately I can't help you with that without more details.

I suggest you read the documentation on the MSPS stuff carefully. I think (can't check right now) it's at:

<instdir>/doc/parasim/paramsim.pdf

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.