The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 30th, 2024, 10:46am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pspice Modeling of BJT (Read 2948 times)
vjoshi

Pspice Modeling of BJT
Jul 28th, 2005, 9:52am

I have to model a real BJT DC characteristics using Pspice BJT Model. I have to change  the .Model parameters ISE and NE for drop in BF at low currents Ic .
But I don't know how to calculate the values of ISE and NE. I have read a book on semiconductor device modeling in Pspice and it shows a graph of ln(Ic) , ln(Ib) Vs Vbe . Now if i extrapolate the ln(Ib) graph and calculate the intercept I can find the value of ISE but when I extrapolate the graph I am getting the negative value so i am doing something wrong which i cannot figure out so plz help me .

View Profile   IP Logged
viren

Pspice Modeling of BJT
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2005, 8:47pm

I am trying to fit the DC characteristics of the real BJT which I had attached in my earlier email using a pspice BJT model. I am using the gummel poon model parameters to model the real BJT . I don't know which parameters to change . Since there is drop of gain at low currents I have to figure out how to model it in pspice model of BJt the same loss of gain BF . Since the equation for IB in the book had Ib (nonideal)= C2 Is(0) (e^(q*Vbe/nelkT) -1) I changed the value of C2 and nel to describe the nonideal component of Ib which is dominant at low currents.So let me know if i am going wrong and please refer me to someone who knows about this.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.