The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 16th, 2024, 6:32pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pspice Modeling of BJT curve Ib vs Vbe (Read 2810 times)
vjoshi

Pspice Modeling of BJT curve Ib vs Vbe
Aug 05th, 2005, 12:56pm

Now I have setup my circuit as follows. There is a current source at the base with step curent of 200mA and then a resistor of 1 G ohm is connected . So how do i measure for getting Ib vs Vbe curve . I am getting a linear curve having a slope of 1 when i run the probe for Ib vs V: Q1(b) (ie ) voltage across Base and emitter.
Since the Base emitter junction is acting like a diode it should give me a flat curve for voltage less than threshold voltage and then at the voltage when the diode turns on it should give a vertical straight line high current at that threshold voltage.
So can u advice where i am doing wrong or can u refer to someone who could help me out.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Pspice Modeling of BJT curve Ib vs Vbe
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2005, 9:59am

A step current of 200mA?  Could be that's too large, and the junction current is linearized to avoid blowing up the exponential.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.