The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 2nd, 2024, 1:41pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cmos inverter (Read 3100 times)
jason_class
Community Member

singapore
cmos inverter
Aug 10th, 2005, 9:01am

Hello All

Anyone know where can we find the delay time of a single cmos inverter(buffer) for technology 0.5um and 0.18um?

For the same technology, how much difference for delay time will there be for different companies?
Anyone know of the benchmark?

Kindly let me know.
Also if there is a way to calculate, please share with me about it. If some parameters for each technology are needed, please let me know how to we get the parameters for each technology(from model files)?

If it is from model files, many of them are shown in symbols and the exact name of the symbol are not know, any site that introduce each of the parameters in details?

Kindly help
Thank you

jason

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: cmos inverter
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2005, 1:45pm

Jason,

look for gate delay information or ring oscillator frequency in the technology information. For example, Europractice (a european technology access provider for academics and research) provides such information for given technologies on their web site:
http://www.europractice.imec.be/europractice/on-line-docs/prototyping/ti/ti_main...

Each foundry provides several flavors of the same technology node, like low-leakage, high performance, etc. A commonly used benchmark is the frequency of a ring oscillator implemented with inverters.

Hope this answers your question.

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
jason_class
Community Member

singapore
Re: cmos inverter
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2005, 5:52am

Dear Paul

Thank you so much.
That's a cool link
I will write back if further discussion is needed
Cheers and thanks a lot

Jason

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.