The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 27th, 2024, 8:38am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PSRR of Voltage regulators (Read 3137 times)
ramakrishna

PSRR of Voltage regulators
Aug 25th, 2005, 1:53am

Hello all,
    I have designed a voltage regulator for a low speed piplened ADC. I have used folded cascode first stage and common source second stage with a resistive ladder load to produce the references for the MDACs.
  I have used cascode compensation take the capacitor from folding point of the first stage to the output of the second stage.
   I have two questions:

1. I am still having the problem of PSRR at high frequenies as it getting close to 0dB. Is there any other technique to improve the PSRR.

2. Will putting resistor before capacitor along with the cascode compensation help me.

I will be lot of help to me if someone can give me good references in understanding the psrr issues.

Thanks,
RK

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: PSRR of Voltage regulators
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2005, 12:35pm

Hello,

for frequencies above the regulator bandwidth, the PSRR is defined by the capacitive coupling ratio between aggressor (Vdd to Out) and grounding (Out to GND) capacitance.  Reducing the former or increasing the latter will improve the PSRR at high frequencies.

I hope this answers your question.

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ramakrishna

Re: PSRR of Voltage regulators
Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2005, 7:55pm

Hello Paul,
        Thanks for the quick response. Yes it improves the psrr at higher frequencies.

Any references

1. That derive psrr at high frequencies for opamps.

2. that explain the psrr improvement techniques for two stage opamps.

Thanks,
RK

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.