The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 6:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question on Phase Noise summary of VCO in SpectrRF (Read 2525 times)
yiping

Question on Phase Noise summary of VCO in SpectrRF
Oct 18th, 2005, 9:09am

Hi: For the VCO phase noise simulation, we can always print the noise summary to see the phase noise contribution of circuit.
My quesion is: Does SpectraRF noise summary of VCO give me the phase noise contribution from both AM and PM seperatly? Since from VCO spectrum, you will not tell AM and PM.
Thanks!!!
Yiping

« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2005, 6:34pm by yiping »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Question on Phase Noise summary of VCO in Spec
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2005, 4:15am

If you use noisetype=modulated, you can plot the AM and PM components of the noise. However, I don't think there's anything to allow you to see the individual noise contributors with AM and PM components. I assume this could be done, since the data to compute this is present, but it's not something that is currently available (unless I've missed it).

You should contact customer support via your usual channel - perhaps this could be an enhancement request.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.