The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 1:36pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RCX (Read 50 times)
milkdragon

RF idiot

RCX
Oct 18th, 2005, 4:33pm

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is any way to combine all parallel transistors in RCX.  It is kind of time consuming with a huge netlist with all the extracted parasitic capacitance.

Thank you

View Profile milkdragon   IP Logged
rf-design

Reiner Franke

Germany
Re: RCX
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2005, 1:51pm

Because RC(X) components are also extracted between parallel connected schematic devices there is no good reason to parallel combine schematic devices.

The problem is that RC reduction of an extracted netlist should follow a specfic rule. Today this rule is either to specify a global minimum cap or res or to select a subset of nets. Only the circuit simulation could tell the RC netlist compressor which parasitic have which effect. That depend also on the different simulation cases normally applied in a series of verification steps. So a complete different approach is needed to overcome the stupid extraction down to some mOhm and aF. Not to speak about of the inductive coupling effects.

I am interested in a more engineering approach for extraction and verification and know these issues for about 5 years hitting the machine limitations which a 100k analog design. But up now I did not notice any new concept either.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.