The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 4:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Desired signal @ small offset from LO in PSS (Read 1870 times)
schehrazi
Community Member

University of CA, LA
Desired signal @ small offset from LO in PSS
Oct 31st, 2005, 10:20am

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the effect of blockers in a receiver front end using PSS. I have two desired channels at 1GHz+200K and 1GHz+ 400K and a blocker at 1GHz+ 10MHz. PSS recognized the frequency of the desired channels as 1GHz!

Should I improve some accuracy to get the right frequencies in my PSS?

I am using cadence 5.033

Thank you.

View Profile   IP Logged
vborich

Re: Desired signal @ small offset from LO in PSS
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2005, 4:14pm

I am no expert on PSS but it's clear that you didn't set it up correctly. PSS is a strictly periodic, or one-tone, analysis, and the period is 1/200KHz in your case, which makes it impractical for PSS aplications. It appears that you set it up with 1GHz as the fundamental.

You should use QPSS or, if you have access to it, a harmonic balance simulator.

You could alternatively run this with envelope following analysis and 1 GHz as the clock freq. I don't know the names of Spectre envelope following parameters, but you want to make sure that the maximum envelope time step is no larger than 1/20 MHz and that you run it for at least 1/200 KHz.

Vuk

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.