The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 11:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to compile Verilog in vhdl-ams with opt.- ms (Read 575 times)
saubook

how to compile Verilog in vhdl-ams with opt.- ms
Nov 22nd, 2005, 1:36am

Hi all,

Could you help me, I have a problem following:
I utilise the simulator ADVance MS v3.0_1.1 to simulate all circuits in Vhdl-ams. It's ok.

Now I want to integrate a module written in Verilog in the program (code) of Vhld-ams, so I have to compile the module in Verilog before. When compiling this Verilog module, the command is:
valog source/Verilog/res.va -ms (compile file res.va – very simple resistor - with the option “-ms” – obligation). But I encounte the error as following:

# Compiling file source/Verilog/res.va
# Model Technology ModelSim SE vlog 5.7d Compiler 2003.05 May 11 2003
# ** Error: (vlog-25) Invalid ModelSim library "/tima3/dang/VHDL-AMS/work". No _info file found.
# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
# ** Error: /tima3/dang/VHDL-AMS/source/Verilog/res.va(1): Cannot open `include file "constants.h"
# ** Error: /tima3/dang/VHDL-AMS/source/Verilog/res.va(2): Cannot open `include file "disciplines.h"
# -- Compiling module res
# ** Error: /tima3/dang/VHDL-AMS/source/Verilog/res.va(7): near ",":  expecting: '('
# ** Error: /tima3/dang/VHDL-AMS/source/Verilog/res.va(8): near "exclude":  expecting: ',' ';'
# ** Error: /tima3/dang/VHDL-AMS/source/Verilog/res.va(11): near "<":  expecting: ',' ';'
# ** Error: /tima3/dang/VHDL-AMS/source/Verilog/res.va(11): near "/":  expecting: ',' ';'

Could you tell me what to do, how to correct these errors? If I use the command:
valog source/Verilog/res.va (without option -ms)
there is no error, but I cannot call (instantiate) this Verilog module in the vhdl-ams program (par ex. in the file testbench).

Thanks you very much.

PS: code of res.va
`include "constants.h"  
`include "disciplines.h"
module res(p, n);
inout p, n;
electrical p, n;
parameter real r=1 exclude 0;
analog begin
   I(p,n) <+ V(p,n)/r;
end
endmodule

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: how to compile Verilog in vhdl-ams with opt.-
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:30pm

Hi,

AFAIK, valog requires two arguments, the source file and the target library, as inputs. The error message states that it could not find the target library. The other error messages are probably not significant and due to this primary issue. BTW, I'm not sure you are required to use the -ms option. This option tells the simulator to use the stand-alone Modelsim kernel for the respective module, instead of the digital part of the single-kernel mixed simulator. At least for VHDL it is not required.

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.