The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 10:00am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AMS Beginer: Need help w/ AMS netlisting from HED (Read 2118 times)
Saroj Rout

AMS Beginer: Need help w/ AMS netlisting from HED
Dec 04th, 2005, 2:49am

I am just starting to do mixed-mode top level simulation in AMS using Cadence environment.
I am interested in the following methodology:

1) Creat config view using Hierarchy editor. For every block I will selecting either a AMS model, transistor level model or verilog-A model.

2) Once I have created the config view, I want to netlist this particular config view into a AMS (or any other appropriate ) netlist.

3) I want to instatiate the above netlist in my testbench which is written in AMS language (NOT a schematic).

4) Use ncverilog (or any other appropriate simulator) to simulate the above AMS testbench.

5) Once simulated I want to use AWD viewer in cadence to view the result.

Here are my questions:

1) Once I create the config view, how do I create a AMS netlist of the whole hierarchy ?

2) If I am compiling my testbench in command line, how do I include the connect modules ?

3) If I use ncverilog to compile the AMS testbench, is it possible to use AWD to view the result ?

I am in severe time crucnch, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Saroj Rout
Analog Designer

IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: AMS Beginer: Need help w/ AMS netlisting from
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2006, 6:03am

This is probably a year late, but maybe it will help someone..
( I was in severe time crunch then also, so not reading the forum)
a config view is a "configuration" of some "design" view..
you already have to have specified the design you want to configure..
In cadence this will generally be a schematic, so you also need symbols for all the blocks, devices you are putting in your design..
Alternatitvely you can just create a verilogams netlist of the top level..

you can specify psf format for your analog outputs, then AWD can read them, but wavescan can read both analog and digital signals

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.