The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 9:11am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CAD tools for inductor design (Read 1179 times)
andreasRF

CAD tools for inductor design
Dec 14th, 2005, 9:56am

Hi Guys!
I'm using cadence for LNA design and my basic problem is that i need
an automated tool that can extract the schematic and optimized layout
of an inductor,given the frequency of operation and the desired inductance.Is there any such tool based on Windows platform,that can co-operate with cadence's Virtuoso and Anal;og Enviroment?(I'm using a Sun Sunblade 100 with Solaris 10).

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: CAD tools for inductor design
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2005, 10:05am

Hi Andreas,

besides Asitic, which you certainly know but does not exactly do what you want, I heard about Veloce RF from Helic (http://www.helic.com/products.html) which seems to fulfill your needs. It is embedded in the Cadence Virtuoso environement under Solaris, like Agilent RFDE, which may be another (but probably more expensive) option. It just isn't clear why you are looking for a Windows based-tool, as that one could not interact with your Cadence suite running on Solaris...

Hope this helps

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
andreasRF

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2005, 10:21am

Thanx Paul!
The reason I'm looking for a windows based tool is that the Solaris machine i'm working on is a university server and i don't have permissions for installing any program...So i need an interaction between my pc and this (not so usefull) Solaris machine.
Veloce RF is very good indeed! I used it  but the license that Helic provided to my university has ended.So until we get a new one...
Anyway it's a very strong tool,i recomend it to everyone(if you can get a license..)

View Profile   IP Logged
kella

Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2005, 8:53am

i think you can install/run ASITIC on Unix machine.

/k

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2005, 1:09pm

Andreas,

I don't think you can expect any tool installed on your PC interact with Cadence installed on your workstation through your distant connection... Of course you can use Asitic or some other stand-alone tool, but it won't give the same look&feel than an embedded tool.

Nevertheless good luck

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.