The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 4:39pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PNOISE QVCO (Read 2198 times)
hrkhari

PNOISE QVCO
Dec 18th, 2005, 5:54pm

Hi:

When I execute the PNOISE and PSS analysis in determining the phase noise of the QVCO designed, the plot is not displayed, whereas an error indication says:

"Output nodes of pnoise analysis not saved for pss analysis. As a result, the above selected function cannot be executed."

I had done the same procedure in determining the phase noise of a LC-tuned VCO, where there is no problem in executing the phase noise plot. But when I configure the QVCO from the VCO topology the phase noise execution fails. Pls do guide me in obtaining the Phase Noise Plot. Thanks in advance

Rgds

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: PNOISE QVCO
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2005, 2:02pm

I've seen this problem caused by having the names of the nodes where you're measuring the noise having unusual characters in them (e.g. the "+" and "-" characters) - this was fixed a while back though. What are the names of the two nodes that you're measuring the noise at? It may also have happened if they are getting mapped at all...

Also, check the pss results in the results browser to see if the nodes are present in the results - it needs this to divide the output noise by the magnitude of the oscillator 1st harmonic.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.