The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 9:03pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How can I attach a .jpg file? (Read 785 times)
wjx197733

How can I attach a .jpg file?
Dec 18th, 2005, 9:11pm

Hi, all:
How can I attach a .jpg file?

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: How can I attach a .jpg file?
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2005, 1:24pm

In this version of YaBB, you can use the img tag (found with the icon of a small photograph, to the left of the mailto icon when you're composing your append). Within the img tag, you need to give the URL of a location containing the picture. The picture will need to remain at that URL so people can continue to see it - it doesn't upload the picture.

I recall Ken saying somewhere that a newer version would allow uploading of pictures - but I may have imagined that!

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2006, 5:59am

The new YaBB that was installed over the holidays now allows attachments (of type jpg jpeg gif png swf or zip, according to the text on the "Post Reply" page).

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2006, 7:21am

I can expand the range of allowed file types. Let me know if there is any particular type you need.

-Ken

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.