The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 21st, 2024, 4:44pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FM Transmitter w/ MC2833 IC (Read 3099 times)
illu5ionz

FM Transmitter w/ MC2833 IC
Feb 14th, 2006, 2:36am

I'm designing a simple FM transmitter using the MC2833 chip. The datasheet for this IC can be found HERE

I've designed my own filter and audio amplifier. All i need to figure out is how to input my audio signal to the chip, use the Oscillator and FM modulator and then output the modulated signal to my own power amplifier to transmit via an antenna. Is there anyone who's familiar w/ this IC that can clearly explain or help me determine how to get started (i.e. set the frequency, how to wire it up to use the oscillator & modulator)? Or perhaps offer a URL where this is explained?

I've read the data sheet several times over but i'm new to this and i don't know where to start. Please help! Thanks in advance!!

View Profile   IP Logged
kokabanga

Re: FM Transmitter w/ MC2833 IC
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2006, 6:57pm

Pin 3 is the "MODIN" input in. You can directly feed in your audio input without any coupling capacitors into this pin.

naren
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.