The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 5:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to simulate mismatch from Analog Environment (Read 1911 times)
zhc

How to simulate mismatch from Analog Environment
Feb 16th, 2006, 9:05am

I have read the article

http://www.designers-guide.org/Modeling/montecarlo.pdf

I wonder if I can do what is mentioned there from Analog Environment (Virtuoso)
Do I need to supply some custom model files that specifies sigma of transistors, resistors and capacitors?
Under which entry from the Cadence Openbook document can I find instruction on this?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: How to simulate mismatch from Analog Environme
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2006, 6:19am

Yes, you can do this under the Analog Design Environment. You have Tools->Monte Carlo to access Monte Carlo from ADE. You can also specify the statistics blocks (as described in the paper) via the model libraries form (assuming you're using the spectre interface - the spectreS interface works quite differently and should be avoided - it's an obsolete, rather limited, interface to spectre).

Now, the fact you said "openbook" suggests to me that you're using an old version of the tools - "cdsdoc" has been the documentation system since IC446 - and neither IC446 or IC5033 are supported versions any more. Whatever you're using, the documentation has a pretty capable search engine. Searching for monte carlo ought to find it...

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.