The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 11:20am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PSRR (Read 2638 times)
jo

PSRR
Feb 25th, 2006, 7:53pm

Hi, Smiley

I would like to simulate the PSRR of a simplest current mirror of gain one ? I put an AC voltage source on the VDD, but I have no logical  result for the PSRR value.
Someone can help me about a test bench proposal.
Another question on the same topic is how to simulate the PSRR of an amplifier when it has a feedback.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: PSRR
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2006, 7:47am

Not really sure what your problem is. Rather than using AC analysis, why not use spectre's xf analysis? This will compute the transfer function from any source (by default) to the specified output - and then you can choose which source to plot the transfer function after the simulation has completed.

It means you can do all your power-supply transfer functions at the same time as looking at signal transfer functions.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Raul
Community Member

San Jose, CA.
Re: PSRR
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2006, 8:31pm

Usually you want to simulate PSRR with the opamp in unity gain configuration. Since PSRR is defined as a change in input referred offset for a given change in supply voltage. An alternative is to see the ripple at the output and then refer it back to the input of the opamp given that you know what the closed loop gain is.
In certain cases like LDOs(low-dropout regulators) you just want to know how much ripple gets to the output of the regulator from the supply.

regards, Raul Perez
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.