The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 4:58pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
spectre segmentation fault (Read 1501 times)
trond

Glasgow, Scotland
spectre segmentation fault
Feb 25th, 2006, 11:35pm

I recently upgraded cadence and since the update I keep running into simulation problems with spectre when simulating VerilogA files. The spectre version in use is 5.1.0 10/24/2005. The problem is the following: When changing already existing verilogA code that I had run previously Spectre gives me a segmentation fault. I noticed that when I delete the created compilation directory filename.va.ahdlcmi and re-run it then it works fine. This did not used to be like this. Before the update I could change the VerilogA code and never run into a segmentation fault. Any ideas why that is? BTW, I am using RedHat EL4.

Regards,
Sven

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: spectre segmentation fault
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2006, 7:53am

Hi Sven,

One of my colleagues filed a PCR on this. I don't recall when it was fixed (or even if it was fixed). I'll look it
up when I'm back in the office, and post what I find here.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2006, 9:22am

The PCR is:

PCR: 850785
 Title: bus error when modify veriloga code and rerun simulation

The problem was partly fixed in IC5141 USR3, but that's the version you're using.

I think you need to do a Simulation->Stop before modifying the Verilog-A code - and then it should
be OK. The bug still hasn't been fixed - we need to trigger a stop and restart of spectre to
cure this.

Regards,

Andrew.

trond

Glasgow, Scotland
Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2006, 2:18am

Thanks for your response Andrew. Good to know that it is a bug and not due to something I do wrong.

Regards,
Sven

View Profile   IP Logged
silicon_holmes

Let there be light

Bangalore
Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2006, 6:41am

yee, i also used to get this darn error frequently. it used to pop up after some three four simulations if done one after another.

what i usually do is copy that same code to another cell view. then it'll start running properly.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.