The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 28th, 2024, 3:11pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AMS (hierarchal view) help needed (Read 5706 times)
raftman

AMS (hierarchal view) help needed
Aug 07th, 2006, 2:27pm

Ok, so I've been struggling the past week or so to run a mixed signal simulation using AMS.

I've gotten through the design prep stage fine - but now in the elaboration phase I'm encountering errors.  It seems to be the veriloga instances are not being resolved.

ncelab: *W,CUNOUN: Cannot find any unit under myLib.myCell:veriloga in the design libraries.
ncelab: *E,CUCFUN: instance 'I61' of the unit 'myCell' is unresolved in 'myLib.topCell:schematic'.

Can someone please help me figure out how to resolve these corretly?  I see other cells being resolved correctly "using config 5.x rules" - but I'm not sure what these are, or how I edit them.

Also, I have tried to create AMS netlists on 'check and save' via CIW->tools->AMS->options and selecting "Perform AMS checks", "Generate AMS netlist", and "Compile generated AMS netlist".   However, after check and save I get plenty of

"Info: No valid definition view found for library: "myLib" cell: "myCell".
       The views specified in the 'amsDefinitionViews' ams.env variable are:
       "".
       Netlisting will continue without processing the definition view..."

Can someone please clearly explain whay I need to change in ams.env exactly?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Raftman

View Profile   IP Logged
Aigneryu

Re: AMS (hierarchal view) help needed
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2006, 1:35pm

Hi,

Did you use the template for the view list in the config view?

ncelab: *W,CUNOUN: Cannot find any unit under myLib.myCell:veriloga in the design libraries.
this messgae assumes you did not use proper config view setup

ncelab: *E,CUCFUN: instance 'I61' of the unit 'myCell' is unresolved in 'myLib.topCell:schematic'.
this message assume that your design does not elaborate
somestime caused by missing lib files

Currently I am working on the conversion of all my previous spectreVerilog designs to AMS, I also had some weird problems.

View Profile   IP Logged
raftman

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2006, 1:42pm

Thanks, I ended up fixing the unresolved instances by copying over the default ams.env file from the installation directory.

However, I am having problems with the connect modules.  I found and installed the libraries (correctly I believe), but am getting the following error and warning.

ncelab: *W,CUCMCB (../SAR_cap_array/test_adc_ahdl/schematic/verilog.vams,91|36): Resolve connect module logic2elect binding through a search of the library which has the view
of connectrules unit, connectLib.logic2elect:module is taken.
sample_out ), .vrefpcontp( vrefpcontp[11:0] ), .dout( dout[11:0] ) );
                                                        |
ncelab: *E,CUVNCM (../SAR_cap_array/test_adc_ahdl/schematic/verilog.vams,91|57): No connection module found:Need an input port of discrete discipline logic, and an output port
of continuous discipline voltage.
sample_out ), .vrefpcontp( vrefpcontp[11:0] ), .dout( dout[11:0] ) );

I am confused because the warning (top) indicates that logic2elec was found, yet the error (bottom) complains about needing a module from "discrete/logic to continuous/voltage" -> which should be logic2elec correct?

Can you describe how you setup the connectLib (compilation, directory locations, elaborator, etc).

Many thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Aigneryu

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2006, 5:02pm

You can try the tutoriaal files in your CDS_IC installation directories.
It is in INSTALLATION/tools/dfII/samples/tutorials/AMS
then check the document named Virtuoso AMS environment user Guide, chapter "quick-start tutorial "

I am still working on it to get understanding what are essentials in setting up an AMS simulation, since I origianlly used spectreverilog.

Hope it helps.

View Profile   IP Logged
raftman

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2006, 11:03am

Thanks - I found the tutorial and was able to get through it.

Now my design elaborates without errors ( a few warnings

ncelab: *W,CUCMCB (../SAR_cap_array/test_adc_ahdl/schematic/verilog.vams,90|28): Resolve connect module logic2elect binding through a search of the library which h
as the view of connectrules unit, connectLib.logic2elect:module is taken.
reset ), .vpurgecontp( net470[0:11] ), .sample( sample_in ), .vpurgecontn(

)

but I think these are ok.

However, maybe not - in simulation the outputs of my functional blocks (imported verilog) do not behave correctly.  They do not show full logic levels.  I will try to isolate the problem buy any advice will be appreciated!!

Smiley

BTW, is it possible to see the full netlist (after connect modules are automatically added)?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.