The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 16th, 2024, 6:31pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what is the spectre format of mos transistors ? &n (Read 4911 times)
zhonghan

china
what is the spectre format of mos transistors ? &n
Mar 20th, 2006, 1:42am

i just want to write a simplest spectre model by myself. I know the format in  Hspice , like
   .model  mn nmos  vth0=0.7  gamma=0.4 lambda=0.05.  what is the coresponding format in spectre( incuding version )?
Then how to cite this model in spectre , I know " .lib 'path'  corner " in HSPICE is just ok .

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: what is the spectre format of mos transistors
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2006, 4:15am

Spectre can parse Spice syntax, so you should be able to use the HSpice-style .model card -- particularly if you're using the .lib statement, which is also Spice.

We usually use Spectre format:

simulator lang=spectre
model mn mos1 type=n  vto=0.7  gamma=0.4 lambda=0.05

What LEVEL are you using? vth0 is a BSIM3/4 parameter (level=1 uses vto), but gamma is a level=1 or level=3 parameter (bsim3v3 has gamma1, gamma2 but no gamma).

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
zhonghan

china
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2006, 7:36am

Thank you , I have resolved this issue.  you are right , I just  copy the "vth0 " from a bsim3v3  model. By the way ,do you know the simple way to calculate the Ro of transistors with a bsim3v3  model?

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2006, 9:18am

There's not an easy way directly from the parameters, but I think you get it from the slope of the Id/Vd curve (or 1/Gds for a Vd sweep).

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
zhonghan

china
Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2006, 11:07pm

I know the 1/ro is  equal to the slope of the Id/Vd curse. But the ro is dependent on the operating point,   in the other word dependent  on the Vgs. So does it  mean I should get  different  ro  under different  Vgs ?

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2006, 3:26am

Yes, you should.  I suppose, if you are in saturation, then the Id/Vd curves are nearly parallel for different Vgs, so ro will not be strongly dependent on Vgs.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.