The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 12:25am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OceanEval syntax in spectre (Read 565 times)
jerry

OceanEval syntax in spectre
Apr 05th, 2006, 1:48pm

Hello all,

I am trying to finish my course project by spectre. I am trying to run Monte Carlo simulation through my netlist, and measure the propagation delay across a gate.  I search through all the accessible spectre documents about Monte Carlo simulation,  they all do measurement through oceanEval statement.  

export somesignal=oceanEval("some expression")

I couldn't find any documentation on how oceanEval was supposed to be used, and the some expression in the brackets looked like it was from spectreMDL, so my code ended up looking like:

m1 montecarlo saveprocessparams=yes processscalarfile="../process.dat"  
+        numruns=30 variations=process seed=10{      
        dcop1 dc
        tran1 tran start=0 stop=0.2ns step=0.01ns
        export nor1in1=oceanEval("deltax(sig1=nor1in1, sig2=nor1out, dir1='rise, n1=1, start1=0, thresh1=0.75, dir2='fall, n2=1, start2=0, thresh2=0.75)")        
}

However, when I type "spectre myinputfile" in the terminal, some errors display in the terminal like:

Error found by spectre during circuit read-in.
   "gatesizing.spi" 105: Function `oceaneval' is undefined or is used
       recursively.
"gatesizing.spi" 105: VCVS (export) needs 4 nodes (0 given).

How can I measure the propagation delay in a Monte Carlo simulation without going through the gui? All I need are the values; I'll run the rest through Matlab.

Thanks!
Jerry

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: OceanEval syntax in spectre
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2006, 10:06pm

The expression within the oceanEval argument has to be an OCEAN expression - as you'd get through the ADE calculator. It's not MDL.

One day we'll allow MDL to be used there - but for now you need to use an OCEAN expression. See the OCEAN documentation for more details.

If you generate the netlist via ADE, it's pretty easy to set this up.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.