The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:48pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
simulator temperature access? (Read 3820 times)
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
simulator temperature access?
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:31pm

I was looking at some VHDL-AMS examples from Southampton, and the models always use a fixed temperature.  Is there no way to request the simulation temperature from the simulator?  Isn't this a major impediment to using VHDL-AMS models for real circuits that have to work at -40 and +125 C?  Do you have to edit the model to change the temperature?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: simulator temperature access?
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2006, 2:48am

Geoffrey,

I'm not aware of a way of doing this - there has been some discussion about this within Cadence - we have PCR 697109 asking for this. There was some talk of making it available via a package - perhaps as a package variable, but nothing definitive yet. Even then, that's not a feature of the standard, but would be implementation specific.

It does seem a bit odd that this isn't in the standard...

Regards,

Andrew.

Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: simulator temperature access?
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:53pm

Hi,

I'm not aware of anything either. Why not get in touch with someone of the standardization committee (contact information at http://www.vhdl.org/vhdl-ams)?

Paul

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.