The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:29pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
fully differential Opamp-SC CMFB..help need simlat (Read 2377 times)
ssalim

fully differential Opamp-SC CMFB..help need simlat
Sep 16th, 2006, 2:04am

Hi there,

I am designing a Fully differential single stage opamp with normal resistor divided CMFB, using Cadence 0.18um.

While simulating the opamp with resistor divided CMFB i get a gain of 65db and 200Mhz UGBW. And the results from Transcient analysis is fine.
But when the circuit's resistor in CMFB is replaced by Switched capacitor  and PSS and PAC analysis were done, PAC yield me same gain and UGBW. I am happy in it...

When annotated my dc opearting points by PSS, it  looked exact as in ac and tran analysis. i am happy in it....BUT..

During PSS i applied input frequency of 100Mhz and Clock freq also 100Mhz. I know for PSS (according to Ken) only clock (no input) is applied. After PSS i have to do PAC. But u see...PAC needs an input. How is it possible to run PSS followed by PAC (one requiring no input and other requiring input) at teh same time. I dont know what i understood is wrong...pls correct me if i have gone wrong.

My tran analysis and transient response using PSS looked different.

PSS reponse showed me the output sinusoidal waveform to be distorted and outputs were not differential. they looked almost similar?

Can i see the transient waveform which i got by Tran analysis using PSS?

Since i got same gain and BW (but different Tran response) using normal ac, tran and PAC, PSS, can i ensure that both my circuits are identical?

I am looking forward for ur great help...please respond .

regards
Sajam

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: fully differential Opamp-SC CMFB..help need si
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:17am

Its easiest for me to think by analogy to DC and AC sim..
if I have a source with a VDC and ACM one will be used in the OP analysis, the other in the AC, XF, SP (the small signal) analyses..

So for that source thats DC for PSS  - you use a DC value..
for the PAC,  it will add in the PAC magnitude and frequency (thats what different between AC and PAC.. now you need both an ACmag + ACfreq..
spectre:
Code:
mag, phase 

if you look at the parameters for port source or vsource elements in spectre reference manual
Code:
spectre -help vsource  

will give you the details
Code:
pacmag pacphase 

in veriloga module you might use a statement like
Code:
vsource #(.dc(1.2), .pacmag(1)) VIN (vin, gnd); 

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.