The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 17th, 2024, 2:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the noise simulation of switch capacitor filter. (Read 2212 times)
holmes

shanghai,china
the noise simulation of switch capacitor filter.
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:01pm

I read the <<simulating switched-capacitor filters with spectreRF>> by ken. I try to follow it. And I have simulated a switch capacitor filter. In the simulation, I found that the noise is double when the maxsideband and the number of harmonics changed from 100 to 200. I don't think the harmonics larger than 100 will contribute so much noise. So the question is , what's wrong with it? One part of netlist is listed below.

pss  pss  fund=1M  harms=200  errpreset=moderate  tstab=4.6u
+    method=gear2only  tstabmethod=gear2only  annotate=status  maxiters=50
pnoise  (  outp  outn  )  pnoise  start=1  stop=1e6  dec=101
+       maxsideband=200  iprobe=V6  refsideband=0  annotate=status

I also include the noise file in the vdd. The frequency range is 10-20kHz. The total output noise is also measured in this range. The another question is , if I only provide 10-20kHz range noise, how will the simulator deal the noise out range of it? Is the noise file used in this method right or not?

thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: the noise simulation of switch capacitor filte
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2007, 7:38am

In recent versions of spectre, there's an option to save all the noise contributions - separating noise at source from noise gain for each device. This is the separatenoise=yes parameter to pnoise. Alternatively, you can use the saveallsidebands=yes parameter (this is implied by separatenoise=yes) to save the noise contribution from each individual sideband. That way you can see what the contribution of sideband 100 versus sideband 200 is, etc, etc. 200MHz is not _that_ high in frequency...

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.